lunes, 18 de julio de 2011

Who is behind that face?


 At the moment we see someone for the first time; we all think something about that person whether good or bad. Some people tend to misjudge and others are not swayed by appearances. Everyone has a different point view of each one of us, but I think none of us has the right to judge another person without really knowing him or her. She, the woman with whom I had a bad first impression, was the cousin of the man I liked. There were days in which he told me that she was saying bad things about me, of course I did not like what he said and from that moment I did not like her at all.

I remember the day I saw her for the first time, we were in eighth grade and I was sitting on the desk against the wall talking to Maria Renee. After a while, I heard Jose Carlos saying: ¨ Come in, do not be afraid, and someone came in and said: ¨ Hi ¨. I turned around and answered · Hello, without realizing who that person was. I kept talking to Maria Renee and then I asked her if that girl happened to be Jose Carlos´s cousin and she said that in fact she was.

At the moment I saw her, I thought many things. One of the things that came to my mind was: What is she doing here? ¨ I really did not like her but it was mostly because I always felt that she looked at me with disgust and hate all the time. We hadn’t had the chance to get to know each other, but she was not willing to talk to me and neither was I.

 There were moments in which I thought there was no way she could be Jose Carlos´s cousin because they seemed to be so different and I even thanked God that we did not get to be in the same section since I was in section B and she was in section A. Several days passed and then it happened. It was recess time, my friend Mariam used to wait for me outside my class every day so we went out together, but this time she was waiting for me with someone else; she was with Maria Andree. I was like: Oh my God, I CAN´T BELIEVE IT!, my face was so obvious that they could know what was I thinking.

Days passed and Mariam was still going out to recess with Maria Andree, I was definitely not satisfied with that going on but there was nothing I could do about it. I used to be jealous because now there was this friend who got to spend more time with Mariam than I did. Sometimes I even felt excluded from their conversations because since they were together in the same section, they laughed at things and I did not even know what they were talking about. I think this was another factor that influenced very much in what I thought of her or felt about her.

Months passed and Maria Andree and I got to spend a lot of time together. I started to change my mind about her. We had incredible moments and those are moments which I will never forget. After a year I realized that Maria Andree was not the person I thought she was. She is a very outgoing, loving, reliable and positive person.

After all we've been through; we have a very nice friendship of which I am glad to have. Throughout our friendship we have had to get over some stupid fights and things like that. Lately we have been really distanced from each other, but now I have decided I want to regain her trust and the friendship we had before. I never thought we could get to be this close. She is one of the many people I know who has put me through incredible moments.

Now I realize that it is wrong to judge people without actually gotten to know them because most of the time we are wrong about people. We just get carried away by appearances and not actually by who they really are. 

2 comentarios: